Image Source: Canva
Working at a distance brings many people together in one group. After the pandemic, many people switched to a remote collaboration format. There was a need to distribute tasks in a team, conference calls, and other ways to interact online.
To make the community journey as productive and efficient as possible, Google has created a solution to create an effective system of interaction between people from different parts of the world called Workspace. Thanks to a whole package of tools, it is possible to save employee engagement and achieve great results, both in the educational sphere and business.
The right choice of internet provider is significant in the work of freelancers. However, the most essential thing in a group of remote workers is establishing communication among themselves. Highly effective methods convenient for each user, regardless of status, nationality, time of day, and so on, are suitable for this purpose. For example, placing in one place (cloud service) such essential workflow components as going to the database, where vital information is stored, or a quick review of the emails.
Each employee has authority, but tools are needed to help improve online interactions. It was challenging to achieve this in the past. However, a new round in the history of mankind has started with the advent of development from the renowned company Google.
In 2020, the company launched its first online communications package. The package includes free access to functionality, but many paid extras have been added. For example, you can increase your Google Drive space if you want to free up space for important documents or upgrade to a premium suite of components for optimal communication.
Google Workspace is the result of Google’s personal transformation experience. Properly allocate time with Calendar, hold virtual meetings in Google Meet, use Google APIs for interactive online meetings, and other features that make remote work more accessible and convenient.
Users from all over the world now have the opportunity to try out the cloud service. The developer has released several versions of its product, and Google Workspace partner allows you to view the existing ones. For example, the basic one enables you to systematize your work on Google Disk, up to 30 GB, send and receive emails via Gmail, and use other tools. The basic set cannot manage Google Safe, Google Cloud Search, and add-ons.
The free version is for all users, including schoolchildren, students, and other population categories. It assumes the presence of 15 GB of free space in the disk memory. In total, a virtual disk allows several people and even an entire company to work on a particular document. It contributes to high production efficiency, trade, or other type of activity. It is also possible to use a tabular format of documentation. Such information is more accessible to calculate and save in the form of reports.
There are also premium options for business expansion, which allow, for example:
- make international calls through the company’s communication tools, create a community, and expand the staff in the form of users from different countries;
- increase disk space up to 5TB of free space;
- improve analytics functions, and increase user security.
Let’s look at a few of the most popular tools for the user. Let’s start with the Gmail mail service. No modern user can do without this tool. It allows you to store letters and structure incoming and outgoing letters to your taste. Moreover, you can write letters with attachments and links and block spam and unwanted messages. The companies that created the most popular search engine have managed to make the Workspace tool the closest to the ideal. You can switch to mail in Workspace by pressing an icon with the colorful letter “M.”
Google Drive is a cloud storage for storing files and content. You will be able to send content and watch videos on any device. It is a safe place to store data. Google Groups for Business creates groups of collective work for further management. This service is helpful for owners of Internet sites and ordinary users.
The “Safe” service is useful for lawyers, and legal documents can be stored here. Information about dismissed employees is stored on the service and can be used if desired. Data in the archive is stored when using a paid subscription.
The website creation tool is no less interesting and accessible (even in the free version). This, without exaggeration, excellent innovation allows users to create a portfolio or website independently. In addition, a backed free domain is available to immediately launch the resource on the Internet completely free of charge. You should expect traffic from such a launch, but nothing prevents you from buying a suitable domain and attaching it to an existing resource. A convenient and well-thought-out navigation system helps every user (even a beginner) create his site without outside help from specialists.
So, the following interesting service is Google Calendar. Creating as many areas with management as you want is not a problem. You can monitor events, mark important dates, plan your meeting schedule, schedule meetings with quick messages, and synchronize with your phone device.
Google Hangouts, Google Chat, and Google Meet are platforms for real-time communication. In addition, there are around ten other important tools that are gradually being appreciated by users from all over the planet. It is not surprising that the company has become super popular and is developing in the given direction. We propose to see a few updates that are waiting for you soon.
At first, we recommend signing up for a free version of the cloud service operations kit. This way, you will provide yourself with the first skills if you have never worked with these practical tools before. Next, stick to the tips to improve your work and speed up group communication. The list is based on a source from a world-famous company’s support team.
Top 10 tips for sharing responsibilities in a team:
- Simplify communication with employees. Generating a single email with requirements for all employees and sending it to different email addresses in Gmail allows you to communicate the task to everyone instead of notifying them individually.
- Erase cross-national boundaries in communication and collaboration. Use Calendar to see what hours are working in a particular country to delegate authority or schedule a vacation for an employee.
- Stay connected wherever your workgroup is located. A new feature allows you to create chats with employees in different parts of the world; now, you can even create a chat in the mail.
- Store data and give access to it to editors or new members who can make changes on disk. The disk “knows” how to work offline, and changes made will be published as soon as an Internet connection is available.
- Use Meet sophisticatedly by adding documents to your presentation, subtitles, and other intricacies of a live virtual meeting.
- Use spreadsheets to plan and distribute tasks more efficiently. This approach will allow you to change work areas in real-time, and all participants can see what has changed.
- Meet videoconferencing format will allow you to control any situation, distribute tasks between employees from different parts of the world, discuss important issues, and hold interesting events while viewing and listening to valuable information.
- Work together on errors in documents, tables, and presentations, mark comments, and correct deficiencies. It is also possible to share documents with colleagues.
- Create a site on a free basis; it can be a corporate version where colleagues can learn news and promptly make changes. The user-friendly interface of the “Sites” tool will allow you to realize your plans.
- Manage Google Forms, get data from your colleagues and newly arrived workers, or conduct surveys on any topic. View the results using charts or manual methods.
A particular skill of the company is to provide information in a simplified way through tutorials and instructions. Stick to advice from the company and be sure to utilize services to improve team communication skills. It helps you move up the ladder and succeed in any endeavor.
After a year of operation of this platform, the company is receiving positive feedback from various large institutions and IT leaders. And now, it is happy to present updates and new functionality that awaits Workspace users in the near future
Google has unveiled the new Google Assistant, which will perform several functions:
- quick joining of online calls;
- fast checking of schedules in the calendar;
- quickly send messages.
As many employees have shifted to a hybrid workday model, the app will also help balance personal life and work. The employee hours alert feature, which also highlights time, recurring out-of-office entries, and location metrics, will help. This feature will let employees know where their colleagues are.
Google will soon be adding another unique feature that will optimize Google Meet meetings. It is a split-screen feature – for those who use multiple meeting devices, such as Google Meet hardware for meetings in conference rooms and Nest Hub Max for those at home. The company’s developments can help you optimize your IT infrastructure, develop integrations to make systems work better together, and create new structures and processes for teams. At the same time, Google’s support center will provide you with the best customer experience!